Sunday, January 26, 2014

EVERYTHING HE WANTS



TITLE: EVERYTHING HE WANTS
AUTHOR: MEGAN SLAYER
Pages: 53
Date: 25/01/2014
Grade: 3.5
Details: A 1 Night Stand Story
            Received from Decadent Publ. Co.
            Through Love Romances and More Reviews
Own / Kindle

The blurb:

“Trace has almost everything he wants—a great job and a well-ordered life, but he’s ready for more—the right guy to share it with. A chance meeting after a hockey game with the man of his dreams spurs him on to turn to the one source he knows will help him out—Madame Eve’s 1Night Stand service.

Jeremy can’t forget the difficult childhood and subsequent bad decisions he made while trying to forget it. He wants the gorgeous air traffic controller, but he’s afraid his past will get in the way like it always does. If all Madame Eve can give them is one night…he’ll take it.

With Eve’s help, can the men forge the relationship they both want, or will they crash and burn?”

--------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts:

I’m developing a taste for these 1 Night Stand novellas. Of course this is only my second venture into Madame Eve’s world, but I have to admit that both of them have been exciting, hot and great fun. I love the idea of a dating service where you sign up for one night with your perfect date only to end up with the exact person you need and the opportunity to change the rest of your life. I mean, what’s not to love?

Having said that, this story didn’t satisfy me quite as much as I hoped it would. I knew it was a novella when I got it, so the length of the story is not an issue. And neither is the idea behind it. Who doesn’t want to read about two men who are, on the surface at least, worlds apart and completely different and yet perfect for each other?

The one thing that didn’t work for me while reading this book was the speed at which the story was told. I felt as if I were partaking in a race against the clock. Everything happened too fast, nothing was given enough time. From our introduction to the characters, to their background, their meeting, their night together and the aftermath, every scene seemed to be over almost before it had properly begun.

So I liked Trace and Jeremy but never felt that I got to see more of them than the surface. There wasn’t enough time for the reader to actually feel Jeremy’s pain, although they were told about it. The hassle between Trace and his ex-boyfriend also went by in a flash. 

On the other hand I don’t want to harp on about this for too long either because I did enjoy this story. I spent a very nice 45 minutes with two hot men who are clearly made for each other but just haven’t recognised it yet or lack the courage to give into it. And when these two men get close, things get hot and steamy very quickly.

Overall I would say this is a very nice read if you’re looking for a steamy, short and well written romance featuring two hot men. I would also say that the 1 Night Stand series is proving to be very exciting discovery and a series I will have to keep a closer eye on in the future.

No comments: