Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SAVOUR THE MOMENT

TITLE: SAVOUR THE MOMENT
AUTHOR: NORA ROBERTS
Pages: 325
Date: 18/08/2010
Grade: 4.5
Details: no. 3 Bride Quartet
Library

Lauren McBane is one of four women who have been friends since their childhoods and are now running a bridal company together, where she takes care of the baking. For as long as she can remember, Lauren has been in love with Delaney Brown, the brother of her friend and business partner, Parker. But, as far as she knows, he only sees her as an adopted sister.
When she and Delaney do get closer, Lauren doesn't let herself belief that he might feel for her as she feels for him. And because Lauren comes from a very different background then Delaney, she can't really belief that they could ever have a future together.
Delaney is oblivious to her insecurities and the depth of her feelings right up to the moment where it may well cost both of them the chance of future happiness.
As always Nora Roberts managed to draw me in to what in many ways is a very predictable love story. And while I usually detest predictability like this, I don't mind it when it comes from Mrs. Roberts. She manages to bring me characters I care about and want the best for. I always get drawn into the story, and find myself racing along to get to the happy ending I know is waiting for me.
As always her women are independent, strong and confident while having enough insecurities to make them human and recognizable. The same can be said for Robert's men; strong, handsome with their hearts in the right place, but again with enough human faults to make them real. I don't think there will ever be a moment when I'll have had enough of Nora Roberts' books. She has to be my favourite whenever I need brain candy or a comfort read.

No comments: