Friday, February 12, 2010

A TOUCH OF DEAD

TITLE: A TOUCH OF DEAD
AUTHOR: CHARLAINE HARRIS
Pages:192
Date: 12/02/2010
Grade: 4-
Details: "The Sookie Stackhouse Stories"
Library


I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I'm not a huge fan of short stories. I like all the detail you get in a novel and miss it in short stories.
But this was a nice series of visits with Sookie Stackhouse, and I can't help wondering if short stories maybe work better in this, paranormal, genre. How much character description and development can you give a vampire, werewolf or fairie? Surely their being dictates a lot of their behaviour and therefore limits the author's options?
Anyway, these stories all fit nicely in between the books in the series, and Harris kindly explains exactly where and how in the introducion.
The stories are fun and deal with every aspect of the paranatural in Sookie's life and feature several of the regulars from her books.
Reading "A Touch of Dead" left me feeling that it's probably time to bring another one of her novels home. Which fact in itself proves that I enjoyed reading this book.

No comments: