Wednesday, December 30, 2009

G IS FOR GUMSHOE

TITLE: G IS FOR GUMSHOE
AUTHOR: SUE GRAFTON
Pages: 261
Date: 30/12/2009
Grade: 4.5
Details: no. 7 Kinsey Milhone Mystery
Own

I'm way behind o this series and I'm not sure why that is the case since I'm really enjoying these books. At least I own the next few in the series, so I won't have to go hunting when I want to read the next one.
This instalment starts on Kinsey's 33rd birthday, when three things happen.
The repairs on and renovation of Kinsey's apartment are finished and she gets to move back in.
She gets hired to find an old woman in the Mojave Desert.
And finally, she's informed that she's on Tyrone Patty's hit list and somebody has already been hired to kill her.
Unable to take the death threat completely seriously, Kinsey sets off in search of the old woman. A search that turns out to be complicated than expected and to have far reaching consequences.
The trip also brings home how serious the death threat actually is as Kinsey finds herself very close to an early end. A few more heart-stopping moments are to follow for Kinsey, but so is a very interesting bodyguard.
This was a fast paced, sexy and funny read for me. I really shouldn't let so much time pass between two books in this series.

No comments: