Sunday, October 11, 2009

OUT OF THIS WORLD


TITLE: OUT OF THIS WORLD, consisting of:
INTERLUDE IN DEATH by J.D. Robb(4.5)
KINSMAN by Susan Krinard (3.5)
IMMORTALITY by Maggie Shayne (4-)
MAGIC LIKE HEAT ACROSS MY SKIN by Laurell K. Hamilton (4)
Pages: 357
Date: 11/10/2009
Grade: 4
Own

I do really prefer my stories longer than these were. 100 pages just doesn't do it for me. In the case of Dallas/Roarke story I just wanted to spend more time in their company.
The Hamilton part didn't appear to be a stand-alone story, but rather the start of one of her novels. Which meant that whole lines introduced in the story were left unresolved. Very unsatisfying.
The other two stories just didn't do a whole lot for me. They weren't bad, but they failed to grip me and didn't make me feel like I wanted to check out more of the author's work.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the two stories I liked best were by authors I had read before and characters I knew. That made the stories and characters more rounded for me, and therefore better.
All stories though, came with lots of action and sexual tension, and that almost always works for me.

No comments: