Saturday, October 24, 2009

THE NEON RAIN


TITLE: THE NEON RAIN
AUTHOR: JAMES LEE BURKE
Pages: 189
Date: 24/10/2009
Grade: 4-
Details: no. 1 Dave Robicheaux Mystery
              Edition: Robicheaux the Early Years;
             Three Great Novels
Library

This is a rather dark mystery, set in New Orleans where Dave Robicheaux is a lieutenant with the police department.
When visiting a death row prisoner just hours away from execution he finds out that he's on somebody's hit list. Not knowing how he might have ended up on the list of somebody he doesn't even know, Robicheaux starts investigating. A decision that leads him into unexpected levels of violence, death and destruction, and leaves him re-evaluating everything he held to be true.
I wasn't quite sure what to make of the story. I found it all a bit fragmented and had a hard time following exactly what was going on.
On the other hand, the story and its main character also fascinated me.
Since I have the next two books in the series here anyway, I'll read these first, before making up my mind about this series.

No comments: