Monday, March 30, 2009

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE


TITLE: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
AUTHOR: JAMES PATTERSON & MICHAEL LEDWIDGE
Pages: 373
Date: 30/03/2009
Grade: 4.5
Details: no. 2 Michael Bennett Mystery
Library

Michael Bennett is a detective with the New York police department. He is also a widower with ten children at home.
When an apparent mad man starts shooting and killing people in the richer parts of New York, Bennett is put on the case. But finding an unidentified killer whose motive for killing is a mystery in a city the size of New York is never easy.
And just when motive and next victim appear to be clear, the killer makes a surprise move and with it makes the danger very personal to Bennett and his family.
This was a typical, thrill a minute, Patterson thriller. I enjoyed having a new main character because I find myself a bit burned out where Alex Cross is concerned.
I did, sort of, figure out the twist concerning the villain early on, but that didn't spoil the fun.
I'm not sure if I'll go back to read the first book staring Michael Bennett, but if there is going to be a third one, I will pick it up from the library.

No comments: