Saturday, March 21, 2009

DEFINITELY DEAD


TITLE: DEFINITELY DEAD
AUTHOR: CHARLAINE HARRIS
Pages: 324
Date: 21/03/2009
Grade: 4.5
Details: no. 6 Sookie Stackhouse
Library

This is a fun series. I'm a bit sorry that I'm reading it out of order, but the books aren't easy to find. So, I'll just go on as I've been going and hopefully I'll eventually get to read all of them.
An awful lot is happening in this book, and Sookie is in danger from at least two different sources. But all the dangers seem to come together when Sookie travels to New Orleans to sort out her cousin Hadley's estate. Hadley was the lover of the Queen of vampires before she got killed, just before the Queens marriage, which was not a love match. Now the queens future depends on Sookie digging deep enough into Hadley's stuff.
With a new love interest in the form of Quinn, a were-tiger and a devastating revelation about an old lover, Sookie's emotional life is in turmoil. but then, so is the world around her.
This description doesn't really do the book justice because I'm caught between a book overflowing with action and not wanting to spoil the story. But I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the super-natural as well as tons of action.

No comments: