Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BLOOD PRECIOUS

TITLE: BLOOD PRECIOUS
AUTHOR: SARAH BANERJI
Pages: 278
Date: 11/07/2008
Grade: 4
Library

I expected more from this book. I had heard great things about it, and the premise of the story was great, but somehow it didn't quite come together for me.
Lady Arabella Cunningham-Smythe is 80 years old, a snob and aloof. She has also been trying to die for the last year, ever since her husband died. She desperately wants to join him, but others keep on thwarting her attempts to die.
When her four year old grand-daughter, Naomi, who she loves dearly, disappears, she has to give up her quest to die in order to safe the little, magical girl. And in the process she has to adjust her views and learn some new skills.
And that's where the problem lies for me, because to me Arabella didn't really change an appeared exceptionally dim when it came to figuring out what was going on.
Still, not a bad story, or hard to read.

No comments: