Friday, March 21, 2008

LORD JOHN AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BLADE

TITLE: LORD JOHN AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BLADE
AUTHOR: DIANE GABALDON
Pages: 490
Date: 21/03/2008
Grade: 4.5
Details: no. 2 Lord John Grey Mystery
Library

Seventeen years after his father's death just days before he was to be accused of being a traitor, history is revived when Lord John's mother decides to remarry.
Someone is determined that the mystery surrounding the death, and the details of the scandals surrounding it, should stay obscured.
But two attacks on him and the re-appearance of pages from his father's lost last journal only make Lord John more determined to discover the truth.
At the same time, John starts an affair with his soon to be step-brother, only to have it end in betrayal.
Through war in Prussia and betrayal, Lord John's main purpose remains his families honour, and it's up to Jamie Fraser to provide important clues as to this end.
I enjoyed this book, although I found the story a bit obscure at times; only hinting at things said and done, where my understanding would have been greatly helped by more description.
Having said that, this book did reawaken my interest in Jamie Fraser's story. And with two books in that series sitting on my un-read shelves, I can see myself picking them up soon, despite their size.

No comments: